• Security fix for CVE-2019-3568.
• New features on WhatsApp Web. You can now view label indicators and filter by labels using the chat list filtering icon when using WhatsApp Web. Filtering by unread messages, groups, and broadcast lists isn't supported on WhatsApp Web.
• Share short links (wa.me/your_number). Create and share short links that make it easy for customers to start a chat with you.
Permissions Required by App android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device,
current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any
PhoneAccounts registered on the device. android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED Allows an application to receive the
Intent.ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is
broadcast after the system finishes booting. android.permission.WRITE_CONTACTS Allows an application to write the user's contacts data. android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE Allows applications to access information about networks. android.permission.BLUETOOTH Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices. android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service. android.permission.REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES Allows an application to request installing packages. android.permission.BROADCAST_STICKY Allows an application to broadcast sticky intents. android.permission.VIBRATE Allows access to the vibrator. android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION Allows an app to access precise location. android.permission.GET_TASKS This constant was deprecated
in API level 21.
No longer enforced. android.permission.READ_CONTACTS Allows an application to read the user's contacts data. android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO Allows an application to record audio. android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE Allows an application to write to external storage. android.permission.READ_SYNC_STATS Allows applications to read the sync stats. android.permission.USE_FINGERPRINT This constant was deprecated
in API level 28.
Applications should request USE_BIOMETRIC instead android.permission.MANAGE_OWN_CALLS Allows a calling application which manages it own calls through the self-managed
ConnectionService APIs. android.permission.CAMERA Required to be able to access the camera device. android.permission.WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS Allows applications to write the sync settings. android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE Allows an application to read from external storage. android.permission.FOREGROUND_SERVICE Allows a regular application to use Service.startForeground. android.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher. android.permission.READ_SYNC_SETTINGS Allows applications to read the sync settings. android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks. android.permission.MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS Allows an application to modify global audio settings. android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_STATE Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state. android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION Allows an app to access approximate location. android.permission.NFC Allows applications to perform I/O operations over NFC. android.permission.USE_BIOMETRIC Allows an app to use device supported biometric modalities. android.permission.WAKE_LOCK Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen
from dimming. android.permission.CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE Allows applications to change network connectivity state. android.permission.INTERNET Allows applications to open network sockets.
WhatsApp Business enables you to have a business presence on WhatsApp, communicate more efficiently with your customers, and help you grow your business.
If you have separate business and personal phone numbers, you can have both WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger installed on the same phone, and register them with different numbers.
In addition to the features available in WhatsApp Messenger, WhatsApp Business includes:
• BUSINESS PROFILE: Create a profile for your business to help your customers find valuable information — like your website, location, or contact information.
• BUSINESS MESSAGING TOOLS: Be more responsive to your customers by using Away messages to indicate that you're away.
• LANDLINE/FIXED NUMBER SUPPORT: You can use WhatsApp Business with a landline (or fixed) phone number and your customers can message you on that number. During verification, select the “Call me” option to receive the code over a phone call.
• RUN BOTH WHATSAPP MESSENGER AND WHATSAPP BUSINESS: You can use both WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger on the same phone, but each app must have its own unique phone number.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can more efficiently respond to your customers right from your computer's browser.
WhatsApp Business is built on top of WhatsApp Messenger and includes all the features that you rely on, such as the ability to send multimedia, free calls*, free international messaging*, group chat, offline messages, and much more.
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
Note: once you restore your chat backup from WhatsApp Messenger to WhatsApp Business, you will no longer be able to restore it back to WhatsApp Messenger. If you would like to go back, we recommend that you copy the WhatsApp Messenger backup on your phone to your computer before you start using WhatsApp Business.
--------------------------------------------------------- We're always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at: