Permissions Required by App android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device,
current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any
PhoneAccounts registered on the device. android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED Allows an application to receive the
Intent.ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is
broadcast after the system finishes booting. android.permission.WRITE_CONTACTS Allows an application to write the user's contacts data. android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE Allows applications to access information about networks. android.permission.BLUETOOTH Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices. android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service. android.permission.REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES Allows an application to request installing packages. android.permission.BROADCAST_STICKY Allows an application to broadcast sticky intents. android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION Allows an app to access precise location. android.permission.VIBRATE Allows access to the vibrator. android.permission.GET_TASKS This constant was deprecated
in API level 21.
No longer enforced. android.permission.READ_CONTACTS Allows an application to read the user's contacts data. android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO Allows an application to record audio. android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE Allows an application to write to external storage. android.permission.RECEIVE_SMS Allows an application to receive SMS messages. android.permission.READ_SYNC_STATS Allows applications to read the sync stats. android.permission.USE_FINGERPRINT This constant was deprecated
in API level 28.
Applications should request USE_BIOMETRIC instead android.permission.MANAGE_OWN_CALLS Allows a calling application which manages it own calls through the self-managed
ConnectionService APIs. android.permission.CAMERA Required to be able to access the camera device. android.permission.SEND_SMS Allows an application to send SMS messages. android.permission.WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS Allows applications to write the sync settings. android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE Allows an application to read from external storage. android.permission.FOREGROUND_SERVICE Allows a regular application to use Service.startForeground. android.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher. android.permission.READ_SYNC_SETTINGS Allows applications to read the sync settings. android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks. android.permission.MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS Allows an application to modify global audio settings. android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_STATE Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state. android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION Allows an app to access approximate location. android.permission.NFC Allows applications to perform I/O operations over NFC. android.permission.USE_BIOMETRIC Allows an app to use device supported biometric modalities. android.permission.WAKE_LOCK Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen
from dimming. android.permission.CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE Allows applications to change network connectivity state. android.permission.INTERNET Allows applications to open network sockets.
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for Android and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
--------------------------------------------------------- We're always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at: